2013 Winter Meeting
The 2013 Winter Meeting for COMPUTE took place on 8 March, 2013, in Lundmarksalen (Astronomy Building) and the associated foyer from 9.30 to approximately 15.30. The meeting was open to everyone associated with COMPUTE or anyone simply interested in getting to know more about the COMPUTE activities. Free lunch was provided for all participants.
During the meeting an overview of the activities of COMPUTE over the first year and plans for future activities were presented. Also, the new partners introduced their research activities and PhD students being awarded travel grants gave highlights from the visited conferences.
- 09.30-09.50 Melvyn B. Davies: COMPUTE overview
- 09.50-10.30 Guy Schurgers (Physical Geography): Addressing feedbacks in the earth system with climate and earth system models
- 10.30-11.00 Coffee break
- 11.00-11.30 Ingemar André (Biochemistry and Structural Biology): Structure prediction and design of protein complexes
- 11.30-12.00 Claudio Verdozzi (Mathematical Physics): Theoretical and computational studies of static and dynamical many-body phenomena in condensed matter systems
- 12.00-13.00 Lunch break
- 13.00-13.20 Lloyd Sanders (Computational Biology and Biological Physics): PhD student travel presentation
- 13.20-13.40 Joao Henriques (Theoretical Chemistry): PhD student travel presentation
- 13.40-14.00 Katrin Ros (Astrophysics): Poster prize talk - Ice condensation as a planet formation mechanism
- 14.00-14.20 Erik Henningsson (entre for Mathematical Sciences): Poster prize talk - Splitting methods for phase field models
- 14.20-15.00 Karl Åström (Centre for Mathematical Sciences): Computer vision
- 15.00- Coffee