COMPUTE organizes two annual events, the Winter meeting and the Summer retreat. The Winter meeting is a workshop in Lund with presentations under a common theme and is open to anyone. The Summer retreat is for COMPUTE members, PhD students, partners, and supervisors, and invited lecturers and focuses on skills development, usually at a location outside of Lund, but not always.
COMPUTE also organizes other workshops, sometimes in collaboration with partner organizations, and lunch mingles for networking and exchanging experiences. In addition, we host peer learning groups and provide materials for self-learning.
Please check the calendar regularly!
COMPUTE lunch mingles are a chance to connect with fellow COMPUTE students and researchers in an informal setting and discuss topics related to your research as well as soft skills, career development and organizational topics. Each mingle has a main topic, announced on the respective calendar page, but participants can also chat freely about other things that interest them.
Peer-learning groups are for people who want to acquire a certain skill on their own and connect with others who do the same. Currently, we have the following peer-learning groups:
If you want to join or have ideas for additional peer-learning groups, please read the websites for each group and get in touch.
Some of the COMPUTE courses have released their course material for self-studies:
- AI for Medicine and Life Sciences - AI for image and video data
- Reproducible and Interactive Data Analysis and Modelling using Jupyter Notebooks
- Solving PDEs with DUNE-FEM
The 2022 Winter Meeting is scheduled for the 9th March, 10:00 to 15:30.
It's time again for the annual COMPUTE winter meeting, this time with the theme "Crossing Scientific Borders". The meeting will highlight researchers from a broad range of areas who have crossed the traditional subject borders and showcase their transdisciplinary work and experiences.
The meeting will be hybrid, and you can attend either in E:A in the E-house (pre-registered people only) on the LTH campus, or via zoom.
- 10:00 Fika/mingle
- 10:30 Sonja Aits/Joachim Hein: COMPUTE news
- 10:55 Josefin Starkhammar: from physics to bioacoustics
- 11:35 Raimund Muscheler: from physics to geology
- 12:15 Lunch break (sandwich + mingle)
- 13:15 Ullrika Sahlin: from statistics to the scientific assessment
- 13:55 Nikolay Oskolkov: from soft-matter physics to biomedicine
- 14:35 Kajsa Paulsson: InfraVis, a national infrastructure for visualisation
- 15:00 Fika/mingle
More info on other events on the calendar. Courses and seminars are under the respective tabs.
Workshops organized by COMPUTE members/partners
CIPA Expo 2022
2022-03-15 09:00 to 13:30
CIPA team introductions and presentations
- 09:00-09:20 CIPA general introduction - Kajsa M Paulsson
- 09:20-09:30 Jonas Ahlstedt
- 09:30-09:40 Anders Sjöström
- 09:40-09:50 Alexandros Sopasakis
- 09:50-10:00 Carl Troein
- 10:00-10:10 Emanuel Larsson
- 10:10-10:20 Emil Tykesson
Coffee break and tomography demonstration
- 10:20-10:50 Kitchen-based light tomography demonstration - Emanuel Larsson
User stories and team presentations
- 10:50-11:10 Bacterial counting with Mask R-CNN - Hanbang Zou
- 11:10-11:30 Proximity measurements in large confocal data sets - Sandro Braunig
- 11:30-11:40 New workstations and software resources at BMC - Jonas Ahlstedt
- 11:40-11:50 Accessing and using LUNARC through CIPA - Anders Sjöström
- 11:50-12:00 Spectroscopy resources including software and ongoing projects - Carl Troein
- 12:00-12:10 Tomography presentation - Emanuel Larsson
- 12:10-12:40 AI at CIPA - Alexandros Sopasakis
- 12:40 Closing remarks
Lunch and virtual reality demonstration
- 12:40-13:30 From beamline to target to reconstruction–a VR experience - Jonas Ahlstedt
The Faculty of Social Sciences offered nine Autumn Workshops in Methods and Methodologies from early September through late October 2021.
The 2021 COMPUTE Summer Retreat took place online on 23 August 13:00-16:00 and on 24 August 9:00-12:00. The theme was "Project and time management".
The 2021 COMPUTE Winter Meeting took place on 5 March over Zoom. The theme was PhD students talking about their work.
The 2020 COMPUTE Summer Retreat took place on 17 August over Zoom, with a theme of "Careers after COMPUTE".
The joint COMPUTE / AI Lund / LINXS "Amyloid Workshop: User-friendly analysis of spectroscopy data with Quasar - multivariate statistics and machine learning" took place on 18-20 May 2020.
The 2020 COMPUTE Winter Meeting took place on 6 March, with a theme of "COMPUTE in industry".
The joint AIML - eHealth - LINXS - MVA - COMPUTE - eSSENCE workshop "Language technology in Medicine and Life sciences" took place on 8 November 2019.
The 2019 COMPUTE Summer Retreat took place on 13-14 August, at Örenäs Slott, with a theme of "Interdisciplinary research".
The 2019 COMPUTE Winter Meeting took place on 8 March, in Lundmarksalen, Astronomihuset, with a theme of "Computational research in NMT".
2018 COMPUTE/eSSENCE Careers Event
The first COMPUTE/eSSENCE Careers Event took place on 2 November, 2018, in Lundmarksalen. There were presentations from Axis, Ericsson and Sony concerning their work and career opportunities within AI/machine learning and computing in general, and a mingle afterwards in Lundmarksalen and the Astronomy foyer.
The 2018 summer retreat took place at Örenäs Slott on 20-21 August (lunch-lunch).
The 2018 winter meeting took place on 2 March, in Lundmarksalen. Speakers included the thread leaders from the DATA Theme at the Pufendorf institute.
The 2017 summer retreat took place at Örenäs Slott on 15-16 August (lunch-lunch).
The 2017 winter meeting took place on Friday 3 March, with a theme of "Machine Learning".
The 2016 summer retreat took place at Örenäs Slott on 15-16 August (lunch-lunch).
The 2016 winter meeting took place on 29 January.
The 2015 summer meeting took place on 17 August at the Ideon Gateway conference centre.
The 2015 winter meeting took place on 13 March.
The 2014 summer retreat took place at Ystad Saltsjöbad 18-19 August (lunch-lunch).
The 2014 winter meeting took place 4 March.
The 2013 summer retreat took place at Ystad Saltsjöbad 19-20 August (lunch-lunch).
The first COMPUTE Winter Meeting took place on 8 March 2013.
The first COMPUTE Summer Retreat took place at Hotel Åhus Strand on 20-21 August (lunch-lunch) 2012.
The kick-off for COMPUTE took place on 2 March 2012 and was an exciting day with scientific talks by the COMPUTE partners, general information and fruitful scientific exchange.